Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Scar It Left

3 years ago, I was faced with fear.
-
To best describe it, I thought I was well into accepting the reality. But as I look back on all of it now, I somehow regret it. Why didn't I just remain true to what I truly felt? Maybe I contributed to her being so discouraged? Just looking at her made me want to fully acknowledge the fact that that was it, that the end of the line had come. Because so many people also told me to do so. But deep down inside, even in her worst condition, I was still wishing that she would get up, cancer free and live a normal life.
-
She left on a Sunday morning.
-
I said she was in peace. I knew she was no longer suffering.
-
Today more than ever, I miss her.
-
Why did cancer choose her? It chooses no one.

5 comments:

Shana W. said...

Cancer also took my husbands Grandma. He was raised by her and VERY close to her, as was I.

(((HUGS))) and prayers your way, my friend!

Heather said...

{hug}

Heart of Rachel said...

It's really sad how many lives cancer has claimed. I'm sorry for your loss. I understand how much you miss her.

Momisodes said...

Cancer is so frightening and so tragic. I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Shosh said...

There's no appropriate words for the grief that cancer left in its wake.