Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcoming In The New Yaer

Today marks the last day of a wonderful 2 week vacation. Tomorrow I go back to reality. Back to work. Back to waking up early. Back to hectic mornings and drained out evenings.

Last week, we said goodbye to our relatives who flew back to the States and Canada. I felt a huge lump in the my throat. I hate goodbyes. They just appeal to me as events which are very sad.

2008 was the year that was. 2009 is the year that will be. In spite of the many economic problems the world faces now, coupled with so many other implications that accompany it, I still want to look forward to this year with a heart full of hope and faith that things should get better

This year will be a big year for us. My eldest will be graduating from pre school come this March and as he moves on the Grade 1 we will have to decide whether or not to keep him in his old school or move him out to a new one. My 2nd turns 3 in May and also, we will have to decide whether or not to put him in pre school already or wait another year. Come March we will also be welcoming another new member of the family.

My head starts to spin thinking of all the events this year will bring. But at the same time, I would want to believe that is is going to be a great year.

How do you see this year coming along?

3 comments:

SASSY MOM said...

Oh, A lot of uncertainties, but we should not be paralyzed with fear and move on.

My daughter too is graduating from elementary school this year.

Heather said...

I have great optimism for 2009, although today wasn't so great. There is tomorrow, God-willing.

Heart of Rachel said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. May 2009 usher in many wonderful opportunities for you

Thanks for sharing all those great things that you're looking forward this year.

I hope to have a great year with my family despite all the talks of a tough year ahead.