Friday, January 9, 2009

What A Way To Start The Year

I have a co-worker who was 2 months pregnant ahead of me. Her due date was supposed to be on Monday. Well she went into labor today. But her baby girl died. According to her boss who told me what happened, the umbilical cord of the baby was wrapped around the baby's neck. They didn't do a c-section (I don't know exactly why) so when she was able to bring out the baby, the baby was already dead. It was her first baby.

So sad. So tragic. Paranoia fills me. My heart is breaking. I don't know what I'm going to say when I get to see her. I don't know how I'm going to act.

Is the doctor to blame? Was it fate? I don't know what to think of it. What to think of things like these. Why do they have to happen?

I pray she will get through this.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh that is very sad. Make sure you acknowledge that she is a mother, I've been told by a friend who lost her first baby that that was very important to her.

My first child also had the cord around her neck, and, had I not been in the hospital being induced (and therefore closely monitored) I'm convinced she would not be here. Thank goodness for that, and the emergent c-section that brought me my baby girl safely.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness :( That is so sad. Sorry to hear about that, Louann. My heart aches thinking about your co-worker. Being at the hospital with my preemie all day and every day for the past two months, I have witnessed a few babies passing away. It's something I worry about (knock on wood that Little One has been a strong little girlie from the get go though).

Thinking of you guys. Catch up with you soon! XO

Shosh said...

this is very sad. I feel for your co-worker.
Shoshana