Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Coming To An End

At 5AM, the phone suddenly rang. I wondered who could be calling at this time? Jet went to answer it. A few moments later, I herad him punch our wall. I quickly got up. "Papa is gone."
We got ready, I told my Aunts what had just happened and left Josh with them first. I called my Mom, who was then in the hospital having her pneumonia treated. She told me to take care and that she loved me.
Walking through the hospital, going to the morgue was dreadful. Hubby walked ahead. He got there first and then I heard him breakdown. I entered the morgue, my MIL and Jets grandma were there, crying by Papa's bedside. September 23, 2005.
-
I went down to visit Mom a few days after Jet's dad died. She looked bad. I stayed with her in the hospital for 2 days. She was always tired. Just getting up from the bed tired her out. And then she would have chills. I would ahve to wrap her with 3 or 4 blankets and embrace her. After around 30 minutes - by this time she would be too tired from shiverring, she would suddenly feel so hot. She would break out into heavy sweating. Then I would have to fan her and wipe her sweat off.
When she would get up to go to the bathroom, it would take her a very long time. Activities like these tired her out very much. By this time she was already wearing an oxygen mask 24 hours a day with the oxygen level at its highest. We didn't talk much because it tired her out too.
I left a day before the burial of Jet's dad. This would be the last time I would get to talk to my Mom and hear her voice. I embraced her and told her to keep fighting.
-
Too be continued.

No comments: