Sunday, July 29, 2007

To Look Back and Fondly Remember

And then Angel gave me this:





Thank You Angel!
-

And then she tagged me to do this beautiful meme.

10 SIMPLE THINGS ABOUT MY BEST FRIEND, MY NURTURER - MY MOM

1. My Mom was a psychologist and finished her Masters in Education. She dedicated 28 years of her life to the University of the Philippines Baguio. Former students and teachers would tell me that my Mom was an institution at U.P. - This made me very proud. She even became my teacher. She was funny in class but always had a way of disciplining notorious and obnoxious students who thought they always knew better than her.

2. My Mom was the 4th child in a brood of 6. Daughter of a Doctor and a Pharmacist. She has 2 brothers and 4 sisters. Studied in a private Catholic school during her elementary years, in a public school for high school (this is where she met my Dad) and a State University during College.

3. My Mom did not know how to cook anything when she got married. She learned by referring to cookbooks. But as she grew older, she could and would cook up meals from scratch. Although she never learned how to bake, she always had the best home cooked food.

4. My Mom took aerobics classes for as long as I can remember and later on she moved on to taking up Taebo lessons. She stopped when she had to leave for Manila to treat her cancer.

5. My Mom loved my Dad very much. She saw far beyond his alcoholism and instead knew my Dad's heart very well. She stuck by him until the day he died and decided to be with him 1 1/2 years later.


6. My Mom was a very petite woman standing at 4"11 and had a size 4 shoe size.


7. My Mom loved Josh very much and I am sure she would have loved Dash just as much. She was a great grandmother and was very proud about her grandson.

8. My Mom was a GIVER. She had a heart as big as the world. She would never forget to give to whoever she could help - financially (even if she had very little) or just by doing favors or helping someone who needed her help and would never expect anything in return nor would she even make the person she helped feel obliged to give back anything in return. Giving was joy for her.

9. My Mom battled her cancer very bravely - although deep down inside I knew she was scared.

10. My Mom knew she was ready to meet her Creator, about a month before she actually left she told my Aunt that she was ready 'to go.'
-

Mama G , Susie J. , Jane and Audrey , Pavel ,Jennboree I hope you enjoy doing this as much as I did. Although I did cry it made me feel warm inside.





9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Louann! What a lovely way to remember you mom! This is such a great meme! :) Your mom sounds like she was such a wonderful woman. No wonder you turned out the way you did! ;)

Jennboree said...

That is very sweet, Louann. I've never doubted your deep love for your parents but reading about your adoration for your mom is truly uplifting.

lifejournalist said...

I had goose bumps reading your post, not because it was scary but because I felt your mom through your words. she seemed so alive. she's a great person. #5 really touched my heart the most. unconditional love. and you're lucky to have been nurtured by a woman who had lots of it.

Unknown said...

Hi Louann! Just popping by again to see what you're up to. I read this post again and am still as choked up this time...eventhough I've already read this! You have really captured the essence of your mom here.

Catch ya later!
xo

Sweet and Salty said...

That was very sweet, Louann, and although I just "met" you, I already knew of your deep love for your mom, how much you miss her and love her.

My mom is still with me but I have stopped to think for a minute what life would be like without her and it would be like removing a part of me and I have to stop thinking about it. It makes me too sad to contemplate it for very long.

I'm glad you tagged me and I'll be glad to participate!

Girlie said...

I am sure your Mom is very proud of you!

We have one thing in common, your Mom and I. I don't know how to cook when I first got married. We had a cook growing up and I was more interested in reading books than being in the kitchen.

I had tripped the alarm too many times, have firetruck come once to put out the fire.

Now, I can make 8 course meal comfortably...but not for more than 25 people, because then I wouldn't have fun making it.

Signora G said...

This is beautiful ...

It'll take me awhile to find the strength to respond to the tag, but I will get working on it right away!!

http://chaoscontrol.wordpress.com

SusieJ said...

Louann --- she is beautiful. She looks so alive -- and she is living in your heart. I was just thinking about my Mom and her hibiscus flowers today -- I will think this through.

Sweet and Salty said...

Sorry I took so long to answer your tag, but I finally did!

Thanks for choosing me...