Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Trusting

Many, many, many realizations. Decisions made. Prayers said.

I handed in my resignation letter last August 22. I decided to talk to my boss personally. I felt that was the best way - professionally as well - to approach the whole thing instead of sending an email or just leaving my resignation letter on top of her table. Initially, she thought it was a bad joke. Obviously not.

Backtrack. I am reigning? I finally am?! Yes but not to be a SAHM - I wish!

More than a month ago, I got a call. From a bank. They were asking if I was interested in working with them. I was surprised. And then I got excited - beacuse as I wrote before, change is beautiful . But thinking deeper, thinking further, I found myself rather scared.

I pray all the time. And in this one big decision I had to make, I found myself praying harder. I said "Lord, not what I want but what you want. Not my will but Yours."

I no longer want to waste any more time. Any more energy. Any more effort. On things which are not supposed to be.

And so I trust. I trust in His amazing will. I do not know what tomorrow will bring but, I trust.

4 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Humble yourself before the mighty hand of God and He will lift you up in due time, Cast all anxiety on Him because He cares for you.!
1peter 5:6-7

mylove said...

Choose always the way that seems the best, however rough it may be. Custom will soon render it easy and agreeable.
-Pythagoras
*I will pray for you dear*

Sophiagurl said...

change really is beautiful. it's taking that first step, dipping yourself into the unknown and untested ground that scares us the most. Not because we do not believe in ourselves but because we are mostly afraid to fail.

Trusting that God will show us the way...that's the first step. I call it a Leap of Faith=) Good luck Louann and I think you're already taking that giant leap. =)

Anonymous said...

It is hard sometimes to pray those prayers, to trust that He will guide us, but God is infinitely wiser than we are, and he has a plan for you.

God be with you and bless you and your family, Louann!