Thursday, January 31, 2008

In 3 Weeks






In 3 weeks, my 5 year old will turn a year older.




(Sniff Sniff Sniff)




I can't believe that it has been almost 6 years since he was born. I enjoyed every single minute of being pregnant with him. He was the best things that ever happened to me. My oife changed but most importantly, he became the instrument the Lord used to change who I was then.




I was young and confused. Scared and afraid. I did not know what tomorrow would bring. But when he was born, suddenly life had meaning. There was purpose. I had hope. He gave me a reason to want to become a better person.




Each year he would turn a year older, I would be reminded of the miracle of life. I would sit and think and be amazed at how such a tiny bean evolved into such a wonderful creation.




I still struggle sometimes. I falter at times. I realize I am not perfect and will never be. He may never really know how much he means to me. I am grateful everyday for this gift the Lord has given to me.




My desire is to grow old and see him grow up. To see him graduate. To watch his games. To play videogames with him. To send him off to college. To take pictures on prom night. To meet his girlfriend. To see him get married. To support him on his first day of his first job. To love his wife. To love his children.




I Love You.



Joshua Alexander.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That gave me chills!

I love watching my kids grow up, but feel sad when I realize that they are getting older. The time they spend in our grasp goes too fast.

Heart of Rachel said...

This is a wonderful post. I can relate. Life seems more meaningful ever since I became a mom. I'm happy that I can witness my son grow and develop through the years.

Advance Happy Birthday to your charming boy, Joshua. I love his photos.

Sophiagurl said...

he's soooo cutie! and yes it's sad when you see them grow up before your eyes...it's like we want to freeze time so that they will remain our babies forever. Blessings and good health to your little angel. =)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post, Louann :) It's so nice that you have this blog to look back on.

He's such an adorable boy. I love his smile!