Saturday, July 4, 2009

As My Year Comes To Another End

I'm turning a year older tomorrow. I can't believe it. I really can't. I also can't believe how far I've come. It feels like just yesterday when I had no worries, no cares, no other soul to think about. And now, I am surrounded by 4 great boys who are the loves of my life.

My mom and dad never told me that life would be this tough. There was a time when I wanted to regret that. But why should I even? Such a waste of time.

As I look back, I sometimes feel that I haven't done much with my life. While other family members have fought for what they believe in I haven't done anything. A few days ago, I was contemplating on what is is that I am really passionate about? Women's rights? Political issues? Gender concerns? Human rights? Nothing really quite struck me.

As I sit here right now, quietly expressing my thoughts I realize what I am passionate about. God, my husband and my children.

As I turn a year older, I look forward to a year centered around God and my family.

I may not be able to make a change in this world. But I may make a change in our home.

And for me, that is more than enough.

3 comments:

mylove said...

Happy Birthday more blessings to come....

More Than Words said...

Amen!! God first, and everything else follows!!!

Have a Happy Birthday, Louann!!!1

Momisodes said...

That is one of the greatest passions to have in this world.

Wishing you a wonderful year. Happy Birthday!