Friday, May 15, 2009

Mommyhood Rocks


Chat of iMoM tagged me. Thanks Chat!


Here’s how the tag works:

I’m going to link to a couple of other mom bloggers here in the Philippines, and to a couple of mom bloggers from other countries around the world, and they’ll write their posts, sharing 5 things that they love (or maybe what they don’t so much love - this playground doesn’t force conformity) about being a mom, and then they’ll tag a few more bloggers from their own country and from other countries, and so on.

Whoever said motherhood was all fun? But despite the difficulties, it has been by far, the most wonderful adventure I have ever experienced.

So here goes

First, I love being able to experience and witness the miracle of life. From the moment you find out your pregnant to the time you give birth must be the most awesome experience one could ever go through. From a little tiny bean to a full grown baby. How does that happen? Miracles do happen.

I also love the toxicity of it all. The sleepless nights, the tantrums, the morning rush. It can get crazy and often times we feel like throwing in the towel, but I would choose this kind of life over anything else. I wouldn't want it any other way. After all this is the only way I know.

I love being able to smell a my baby's sweet breath, being able to clean the spaghetti or cake icing off the face of my toddler, heck I even love embracing my all sweaty 7 year old.

Fourth, I love being able to experience the joy that is felt when I see my kids happy. Seeing them smile and hearing them laugh even over the shallowest things is intoxicating. It brings tears to my eyes just knowing that they will fondly remember their childhood.

Lastly, I love being able to talk about my children. They are my pride. And nothing in this world can ever change that. Ever.


I'm tagging Karen, Rachel, Heather, C and all the other proud mommies who want to play along!

4 comments:

Chateau said...

Thanks for doing this, Louann!

I love all of these too - yes,even smelling their sweaty heads hahaha.
Mothering is the best occupation. We rock! :D

~imom

Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks for the tag.

There are so many wonderful sides of being a mom. Thanks for sharing yours.

I'll post mine soon.

Heather said...

Great stuff! Thanks for the tag!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag, Louann! I'm putting some thought into what I'm going to write. Will post mine soon! xo