Tuesday, March 13, 2007

U-TURN

I was pleasantly surprised when I got a call from my cousin asking me whether I wanted to be featured on a TV show entitled U-TURN, hosted by Donita Rose, which featured people who were able to make a U-TURN after going in the 'wrong' direction. So I immediately said yes. I felt that this would be a good way of also sharing my life story and hopefully would speak to people (youth) who have also lost their direction.
So the 'taping' for the show was scheduled on March 8. I filed for a 2 day leave as Jet suggested we bring the 2 boys with us and have a mini vacation.
-
We left Baguio at 2AM of March 8. The little one was fast asleep (thank God -really) while Josh was just too excited. We arrived in Manila at about 630AM and had breakfast before heading to the hotel. When we got to the hotel we settled in and made sure the boys would be comfy because we were to leave them with the nanny and my cousin while Jet and I went to Tagaytay for the taping of the show.
-
I was made-up in the hotel and then a van came to pick us up around 11AM.It was a good 1 1/2 hour drive to the set of the show. Upon arriving there, we had lunch and then waited for my turn as they were still shooting the life story of another person. So hubby and I waited a good three hours for my turn. The place was beautiful and the food was good.
-
At around 4PM, it was finally my turn. I met up with Donita Rose and did small talk, just to get ourselves comfortable with each other. She was a very nice person with no air or star complex at all. Donita Rose by the way is half Filipino - half American, is an Evangelical Christian, used to be a former MTV Asia VJ, is a big celebrity in the Philippines, is married and has a 2 year old son. So anyway, the director told us it was time to start the cameras rolling. Whoohoo! Haha for a moment there I felt like I was a celebrity.
-
So the taping started and Donita asked me questions about my past and how I was able to come out of the downward spiral hole I dug myself into. My story started when I was in high school, rebellious and could not care less about my parent's love. With the hole that I dug, I was desperate to climb back up but I did not know where to start or how to start. I know I wanted to but I couldn't bring myself to doing it. And then I met the Lord. Here my life changed. And today, my past has molded me into the person that I now am - reformed, better, at peace and happy.
-
* Pictures to follow

1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

What a great testimony! May God continue to bless you and your family.