What is is with us people that we often are never content with what we have. There always has to be something we must complain about. I often look at other people's lives and envy what they have and wonder why I cannot have the same.
For this I am ashamed.
I am thankful for so many many things
- My All So Awesome God - By his mercy He has saved me and by His grace He will continue to carry me through.
- Love - I am thankful for the love that embraces me and my family, the love we share with each other and the love we share with people we care about and who care about us.
- My husband - though things may not always be great, I am thankful for having him in my life. The Lord has given me a man who will take care of me and who will love me beyond the day I am old and wrinkly.
- Josh and Dash - the 2 energetic boys the Lord has allowed me to take care of, love and enjoy while on this earth. Each day when I see my boys, I am reminded about the miracle of life and how blessed I am to have participated in that miracle.
- My family ( Aunts, In-laws, cousins and Uncles) - My family loves me, especially my Dad's family. Just thinking about how supportive they have been, brings tears to my eyes. They have never failed to support me and my family (financially and morally) and have always made me and my family feel loved even after Dad's passing. Although I have ranted in the past about my in-laws, I am thankful for having them in my life. I have come to love my sisters in law as my own sisters.
- Good Health - My family and I enjoy relatively good health. Aside from the common cold, cough, asthma attack, tummy pains we still are healthy. I am so ashamed about complaining about petty health issues when there are so many people who have more serious health problems but still look at life as beautiful. I am humbled.
- Our Home - No need to pay rent!
- My Job - Pays me more than enough to see us through our needs.
- My Husband's business - I am forever complaining about it not be a 'reliable' source of income as his business is based on sales but he still earns and that is what matters, right?
- Food on the Table - We eat 3 meals a day.
- Our Car - Although we do not have a car of our own which we can call 'our permanent car' (as hubby's business is buying and selling of cars), we always have at least 1 reliable mode of transport at any time of the day.
- Savings - Although not big at all, we have something in the bank.
- Debt-Free - Hubby and I have made it a point to remain debt-free. No loans, no credit cards. Thank You Lord.
- Material things - so many many things can fall into this category (clothing, shoes, cellphone, household appliances). I am just so thankful we can even afford to enjoy such things.
My list will go on and on. I am just so thankful to my Lord for he has protected me and my family, has seen us through the worst of times and yet loves me unconditionally.
What are you thankful for?