Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nope. Not. Really.

My nose grew an inch longer after I answered "I am!" to my six year old son after he asked me if I was a good speller. He's into spelling in school so I constantly play a game by asking him to spell certain words.

I suck at spelling. I cannot and will not dare compose anything if the spell check option is turned off OR if a dictionary is not beside me. It has been my struggle all these years. I was never a good speller in school. I disliked joining spelling bees. And until today, I do not have confidence in my spelling skills. I suck.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: Josh spell man

Josh: M-A-N

Me: What about pants

Josh: P-A-N-T-S

Me: School

Josh: Hey Mom are you a good speller?

Me: Spell School

Josh: But are you? Are you a good speller?

Me: I am.

Josh: Then spell Clock

Me: C-L-O-C-K! See? I'm good.

And then he gives me a nod.

Well, for as long as he sticks to 5 letter words I guess I will be a good speller.

4 comments:

Sweet and Salty said...

lol... That's pretty funny. Darn kids are going to outsmart in no time. I dread it when my 11 year asks me for help in Math.

Unknown said...

LOL! That was cute, Louann! I am worried that I won't be able to help our future kiddies with their math homework! I SUCK at math! LOL!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

That is so funny!! You crack me up!! I'm telling you... our kids are so smart!! I'm worried when the questions start with Math and Science!
xo,
Audrey

Momisodes said...

LOL! Better hit the books before he gets to 3rd grade ;)

I once turned in a 20 page term paper and kept spelling "Public" as "Pubic"....spell checker didn't pick it up :(