Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom...

When I was little, you used to tag me along to your school where you taught. I used to sit in when you had class and soon, your students became my friends / baby sitters. I watched you work so hard everyday.

When I started going to school, you would wake up early each day just to cook breakfast and send me off to school. You would if you had the time, pick me up in school. You would do the groceries and marketing before coming home to make sure that dinner would be served.

You would stay up late helping me review, finish my projects, help solve math problems and read stories to me before going to bed. When I would fall asleep, you would finish the dishes before checking your students papers and studying for your next days lessons to teach.

You made me feel how proud you were of me even if there were so so many times I let you down. You stood by me during my darkest moments.

You taught me the essence of hard work. You taught me never to give up. You taught me to face the consequences of my mistakes. You taught me how to be a mom.

You taught me so much.

You left when I still had so many questions to ask you. But you had your reasons.

When I make decisions, I always think of you. I feel lost most of the time and I find myself looking for your presence. I miss you everyday. I remember you all the time.

I Love You Mom. I Miss You much more than anyone could ever imagine.

Happy Mother's Day Ma.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh, Louann! What a wonderful way to remember your Mom on Mother's Day :) It is so clear how much your Mom means to you. I'm sure she was very proud of you. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. If she were still here today, I know you'd have a lovely Mother's Day together.

Happy Mother's Day to you! Hugs! XO

Karen MEG said...

Louann, what a lovely tribute to your mother. It is easy to see why you would miss such a wonderful mom.

It's lovely to see that you're very much her daughter.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

SusieJ said...

Happy Mother's Day Louann. This is awesome.

Heart of Rachel said...

It's a sweet post. Remembering the wonderful things that your mom does is a great way to give tribute to her.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I stumbled across your blog today and it looks like we have a lot in common. I'm also a working Mom with three boys and I too, have lost my Mom as well as my Dad and now my in-laws. It's a strange feeling, makes you feel very grown up and I too miss them every single day. Nice blog.