Wednesday, January 3, 2007

2006 -- The Year That Was

I read a post which featured a run down of the year 2006 and thought that I would do the same.

January 2006 - 4 months pregnant, still working. Had a family vacation in Boracay.
February 2006 - Josh's 4th Birthday. Jet had just recently resigned from his job and was venturing into his buy and sell business.
March 2006 - 6 months pregnant. Stressed Out. Was falling into a depression as I started missing my mom and dad very much. Found out we were having another baby blue. (Wanted a baby pink though). Had pre-term labor. Bed rested for a week.
April 2006 - Dad's 2nd death anniversary. Depressed and Stressed. Still working.Cried a lot.
May 2006 - Getting ready for the baby. Went on early maternity leave. Trying to destress myself before the deliver. Scheduled the delivery for May 27. Arrival of the new baby blue. Very excited.
June 2006 - Still enjoying maternity leave. Enjoying the baby very much. Post partum blues.
July 2006 - My 2_th birthday. Depressed.
August 2006 - Back to work. Refereshed and Re-energized.
September 2006 - Nothing significant. FIL's 1st death anniversary.
October 2006 - Mom's 1st year death anniversary. Wanted to drown self in alcohol.
November 2006 - Vacation with hubby. Good relaxing time.
December 2006 - Got my promotion. Feeling the Christmas spirit. Looking for mom and dad's presence. Dash's first Christmas. Josh's 4th Christmas and loving every second of it.

Looking back, I guess my year wasn't that bad. Everyone has had their own bad year I guess haha. I'm still not over my Mom and Dad yet and I guess I never will be. I will just have to learn to place a box inside my heart packed with my memories of Mom and Dad and can be brought out once in a while. It's damn hard though.

-----------------

Have any of you read the Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger? I read it once and I'm reading it again. I find the book funny and amusing. As Holden Caulfield puts it "What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

arg! i posted a comment and it disappeared.

i found you through my sister. :) it is nice to find a fellow reader - i like all the books on your list of favorites!