Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tuesday Tellings

I'm back ...
I was on leave yesterday. Actually, I was supposed to come in but I felt a bit sick so I went back to the doctor to have a follow up check up. Track back a bit...Since the kids got sick, I too got the germs argh. So I went to the doctor last Thursday and antibiotics were prescribed. Last Sunday my chest was still feeling a bit heavy so I decided to go to the doctor yesterday. She told me to continue with the antibiotics but gave me a different mucolytic. I hate times like these.
The weekend was pretty great though. I got to spend a lot of time with the kids. Dash turned 8 months last Saturday. I have mixed feelings. Happy because I just can't believe where the time has gone. The last time I remember, I was a zombie, having to wake up every 2 hours at night and now I am able to sleep relatively peacefully except for the 2 feedings during the night. 8 months ago, I would just stare at a little bundled blanket with a tiny breathing creature in it and now, I stare in horror at an 8-month old baby who tries to crawl but fails to do so, so decides to get on all his fours and dive just to be able to move a bit closer to his toy. Sad because seeing how my little one has grown reminds me some more that in a few months, I am going to have a toddler. Which will mean in a few years I am going to have a pre-schooler. And it freaks me out. Bottom line is, I am no longer going to have a baby.
So yeah the weekend, I went to the doctor in the morning and did a few groceries. I so love the grocery. I enjoy looking around. And the best part is, every time I go to the grocery, I always have my list. And every time I leave the grocery, I leave with double the items that were on my list. I know. After that, we went back home and cooked pansit (stir fried noodles). We do this every month when Dash turns a month older -- like a mini celebration and a reason for us to eat. After that we had dinner out since it was the birthday of my SIL. Josh slept over at my MIL's house. We got home and then Jet and I decided to do a One Tree Hill marathon -- it was a lazy Saturday night for all of us. And then we had lunch at my MIL's place on Sunday just in time to also pick up Josh. We lazed around the rest of the afternoon. Ahh I love the weekends - I really do.

No comments: