Saturday, January 6, 2007

Helluvan Emotional Pool You Got Here

I couldn't...I just couldn't. I kept telling myself to put the book down last night but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Sometimes I hate good books. The problem with me is, whenever I start a good book, I get so addicted to it and the worst part is whether or not it is fic or non-fic, I get so attached to the characters! Reading The Catcher In The Rye makes me want to meet this Holden Caulfield guy --yeah like he even exists! Like this other book, Into Thin Air (written by Jon Krakauer), a non-fic account of what happened on Mt.Everest sometime in 1996 or 1997 when a group of climbers died on Mt. Everest. Gawd did I feel sick and sad. I wanted to cry. I even got so attached to the leader of of one of the 2 guided groups, Scotty Fischer. My mom once told me that when I was a kid, I would cry whenever they would read this children's book titled "Little Miss Suzy" and "Are You My Mama?" Same goes for t.v. shows and movies. I cried during the season finale of FRIENDS. After 10 years of FRIENDS, I feel like all 6 of them are actually my friends--geeez. I hated it when they announced that Sex and The City would air it's last season on HBO. And now FOX made an announcement that they will be cancelling The OC and will be airing it's final episode on Feb.22.

----------

So yeah T.G.I.F.!!! Woohoo. See you all on Monday =)

2 comments:

Girlie said...

I am the same way with good books. For real. Even when I have exams coming up when I was in school, I pick up a Lisa Kleypas or a Judith McNaught, and I had to finish reading it, test or not.

The trick then was to read as fast as I could so I could do it all, read and make good grades. Reading fiction that is.

I've never been to Bagiuo, but I hear it's beautiful out there.

I haven't read Catcher on the Rye, maybe I'll sign up for that Classics Challenge after all and read that along with Madame Bovary and Tom Jones, and other stuff...maybe even Tess of D something or the other.

Amanda said...

little miss suzy! the squirrel! i am so excited, because i had forgotten ALL ABOUT HER.

oh, and i absolutely live vicariously through all of my fiction friends. right now, my friends live on Grey's Anatomy. and i hated when Friend's ended. devestation.