Friday, January 5, 2007

How Big A Family?

I've been thinking, how big a family should we actually have? When I got pregnant the second time around, I was soooo happy. People started to ask me whether or not that would be my second and last baby and I was like "what?! no!." In my mind, I was going to have 4 kids. You see, my childhood was pretty damn lonely. I was an only chid although I had 2 older cousins who lived in the house, they were a lot older than me -- like 8 and 9 years older. When my uncle finally had kids, I was already 6 or 7 years old. Although I had other cousins my age, I would only get to see them on weekends. So I got used to playing alone. So when I started to have kids, I so wanted a big family. But when I learned that I would only be able to deliver via c-section for the rest of my life, I told myself that having 4 kids via c-section would be good enough. After I gave birth to Dash though, I dunno it must have been the hormines still running wild, although I was enjoying every single moment spent painfully breastfeeding the baby I thought to myself that my 2 boys would be enough already. But then again, I always wanted a baby pink of my own! After experiencing a 4 1/2 year gap between Josh and Dash, I told myself that too big a gap is a huge adjustment. It was like everything was back to zero for me and Jet. I couldn't remember the pain caused by the operation, I couldn't imagine the pain I would feel during the initial days of breastfeeding...worst was I couldn't imagine life without a good night's sleep LOL. But that 4 1/2 year gap was actually needed because when I had Josh, I was still in 3rd year college so Jet and I had to make sure we graduated and get a job and settling before having another one.
SO BACK TO MY QUESTION
How big a family should we actually have? Jet and I talked about it after I gave birth the second time around and decided that our 2 boys would be enough. But then you know when you see your baby growing up on you, you suddenly start to want another one again. And if I am given that chance to have another baby, I wouldn't want to wait for another 4 years again. This has been running through my head for the past couple of weeks.

-------------
So Josh is still on vacation and goes back to school on the 8th. By the way, my aunts made Josh an offer -- The moment he starts reading ON HIS OWN, they will be giving him a ticket to HongKong Disneyland! So the cheering in the house has begun -- Read Josh! You Can Do It Josh! Read! Woohooo!

1 comment:

Jennboree said...

Have as many children as you and Jet want and can care for without compromising the other children. That's what my husband and I believe in.

We've stopped at two because I don't want three girls, then I'd have to round out the number with four kids, most likely a 4th girl! ACK! :)

It is truly amazing how nature helps us forget all that pregnancy, delivery and infancy involve, isn't it? :)