Thursday, May 10, 2007

In Time...Maybe Just Not This Year

It's Mother's Day in 4 days and I don't know how am going to take it again this year.
5 years ago, I was too excited to celebrate Mother's Day. It was my first time to celebrate it as a new mommy AND I was celebrating it for the first time as a mom with my Mom. This will be my 2nd Mother's Day without my Mom to celebrate it. But it will also be my 1st time to celebrate it with my 3 boys (my kids and the hubby).
-
I still look for her everyday. I haven't really moved on but I know it's OK.
-
Dash took his very first 5 steps last night and I was just wishing so bad that Mom and Dad were there to have seen him! Dash would have just knocked them out!

3 comments:

Jennboree said...

YAY DASH :)

I'm so sorry for your hurting heart, especially during these specific holidays for parents. I like to think our loved ones are always very near us in spirit. I truly believe it. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it brings me comfort.

Hugs to you. Your mom IS very proud of the mom you've become.

Pinks & Blues Girls said...

I'm so sorry that Mother's Day brings this touch of sadness with it for you. I am sure it must be very hard for you. I can only imagine how proud your Mom must be when she looks down on you and your beautiful family!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Chaos Control said...

This is my third mother's day as a mom. And my third mother's day without my mom. And like you, I struggle with the day.

Big hugs to you - from one mother to another!