Thursday, May 17, 2007

This Warm Feeling

Lately I have been keeping mum on certain things I have been busying myself with. Why? Because I did not want to embarrass myself. Hah. I know. Anyway. 2 weeks ago, I finally completed my requirements needed for the Master's degree program I wanted to apply for - which is Masters in Management. I finished everything and then went to submit it. Luckily, upon submission, they gave me my exam schedule.
So....I was just too scared and nervous about taking the exam and was anticipating failing it! Aside from that, just thinking of the MATH part of the exam gives me the shivers. Uh huh, I am NOT good with numbers. I can write a 50 page essay or a 12 page book anytime, but compute? Are ya kidding?
ANYWAY, so yeah, I took the exam. I did not tell anyone - except for my hubby and best friend- that I was going to take the exam. So I went. I thought I was going to pass out, my hands were sweaty and my heart was pounding real fast. I found the first 2 parts of the exam - reasoning and comprehension - pretty easy and I found the numerical ability part: hellish.
SO....yesterday, I received a message requesting me to call the UP Institute of Management so that my interview for the grad school program could be scheduled. Again, I did not tell anyone except for hubby. I went after work and was again nervous but not so nervous. I enjoy interviews actually. In fact, I love interviews. Haha. OK, I love to talk. Yes I do.
When I got there, the director of the institute told me to sit down in the conference room while she went to get my application papers and test results. While sitting there, I wanted to pass out. So she came back in and sat down so she could run me through my test results. Cut the long story short, I did perfectly fine in the first 2 parts of the test but did miserably in the math portion. Told you so, am terrible with numbers. And so I so wanted to pass out again or just shrink or just morph into one of the plants in the conference room. BUT, she continued by saying that based on everything else - forget about the math part - I made it. Woohoo.
And so I left the Institute of Management and while waiting for hubby to pick me up, decided to walk around the campus. This is where my mom taught for 28 years and I graduated from the university as well. I saw a lot of familiar faces, ran into co-teachers of my mom. They greeted me and even stopped to chat with me to ask me how I was doing. You see, growing up, I never had a nanny. So wherever my mom would go, I would be with her. So I basically grew up in that school.
It felt good. I had this certain feeling of familiarity while walking around the campus. I felt warm inside and it just felt so right. It was a feeling I have been yearning for for a long time. A feeling I have been wanting to find since my Mom died. And just being there made me feel that everything was going to be alright.

5 comments:

Sophiagurl said...

wow! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

First off, YIPEEEEE for you! This is very exciting news!

And secondly, I'm so glad to hear that the experience brought you peace.

Anonymous said...

How do you do it all!! You are a brilliant woman. And Yes, I know your Mom is there for you, and I'll even go so far to say that she's helping you too. I know she is.

Jennboree said...

Wonderful. A good day like that is exactly what you needed, huh? :)

Girlie said...

This is wonderful news Louann!Congratulations! I hope you have lots of fun going back to school.